Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Visa/work update.

After stressing out about my visa extension for weeks, the matter has finally finally been resolved. I appealed to the vice president of my company as a last resort, and he agreed to give me the document I needed to officialize the extension. My fourth time at the FRRO, they stamped my passport, and when I made a movement to pay the fee, they brushed me off and told me to go home. I suppose that even the visa officials realize that it flat-out sucks to be caught up in this mess.

Work has significantly improved. I just finished a month-long assignment of inventing problems and solutions for 12th-grade math textbooks, covering mostly calculus, linear algebra, and differential equations. The task was actually quite tricky, as it involved starting with a solution I wanted and working backward to formulate a question. Since I finished that, my superiors have started treating me differently, giving me more and more assignments, consulting my opinion like it matters, and giving me a company email address. I also just got my paycheck and it was more than was written on my contract. Things are looking up.

So now I get to stay in India until February 15th, after which I'll head to Nepal for a few weeks before catching my flight from Delhi to Nashville on March 5th. Until then, the time is mine to play with!

5 comments:

Lexie said...

i'm glad you got this mess straightened out! :)

Unknown said...

this post made me smile.

Unknown said...

WOOT!

Stu said...

good to hear faye.

updating a girl soon

Unknown said...

yaaay!